Hello, dear readers! Very often I hear a question from the friends and colleagues: why joints in all body crackle? I will try to understand this article, the crunch in joints is regulation or pathology, and also I will teach how to get rid of it. I advise it will be interesting to read up material up to the end and it is very useful.
Physiological and pathological crunch
First you need to figure out when the crunch in the joints is a natural process, and when its presence should alert and become an occasion to turn to a specialist. Basically – this is a physiological phenomenon, which should not cause concern.
All the joints of a man have approximately the same structure. They are formed by 2 or more surfaces of bones that are covered with cartilaginous tissue. Cartilages provide for the sliding of the joint bones during movement. Each joint is covered from above with a membrane, the synovial fluid is a part of it. It performs such important functions:
- reduces friction force of joints in time the movement;
- feeds cartilaginous tissue;
- is lubricant for normal sliding of bones.
Joints in the human body with each other are connected with the help of ligaments. With intensive movement (jogging, jumping), the components of the joints move, they stretch, which can provoke a specific noise – a crunch or screech. It can be of varying degrees of intensity (barely audible or loud enough). Do not be afraid of this. Most often crunch joints in the knees, hands, feet, as well as the neck of the spine, individually or all at once.
This process is influenced by such factors:
- excess body weight;
- flat feet;
- old age;
- incorrectly picked up footwear;
- inactive way of life;
- use of some medicinal preparations (oral contraceptives);
- physical overworks (at athletes);
- improper feeding or rigid diet;
- disturbance of a hormonal background;
- existence of illnesses which break metabolic processes in an organism.
But it’s worth worrying if such symptoms are added to an unpleasant crunch:
- painful feelings;
- puffiness, swelling, reddening;
- mobility restriction;
- progressing of a crunch.
If you notice in your presence the presence of at least one of these phenomena, my advice to you is – run to the doctor urgently! Do not delay, because there is a risk of all kinds of complications.
What are the causes of crunching joints?
As I said before, a crunch in the whole body can have a physiological and pathological character. Physiological causes most often depend on the individual features of the structure of the human body. For example, there may be the following phenomena:
- Increased elongation of ligaments. This is a genetic (innate) feature that is characterized by hypermobility – the amplitude of movements is very high. It is inherent in adolescents (especially female) and with age, as a rule, disappears. You do not need to treat it.
- Presence of gas bubbles. The liquid that is located around the joint contains, in addition to nutrients, some gases – oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen. During motion, they form bubbles that have the property of bursting and producing characteristic noise.
- Increased protein in the synovial fluid. This condition leads to its excessive density, which limits the possibility of synovia to ensure the sliding of the joints. It often provokes a plentiful use of protein products or inflammatory processes.
- Excessive physical activity. Constant motor activity contributes to the dissipation of synovial fluid, which is replenished after a while. Therefore, athletes so often there is a crunch in the whole body, which passes by itself after rest.
I highly recommend: do not overdo the power loads. It is necessary to alternate workouts with rest – this will help to maintain health. After all, a physiological crunch can easily become pathological.
Causes of pathological crunch
Sometimes crunching joints can be one of the symptoms of some diseases. Which ones? Now I’ll tell you everything. There are several of them:
- Degenerative and dystrophic pathologies. These are all known diseases – osteochondrosis and osteoarthrosis, in which the destruction of cartilaginous tissue and the disappearance of natural lubrication. They are often accompanied by a crunch and pain. This pathology often occurs in advanced years (after 55), but may appear at an earlier age because of an incorrect lifestyle, obesity, lack of mobility, suffered trauma, heavy physical labor, the presence of certain diseases.
- Arthritis. It is an inflammation of the joints, which has an infectious, autoimmune or allergic nature. Together with a crunch there are such signs: pains, puffiness, reddening and deformation. All this is accompanied by a violation of the motor function of the body. This pathology can lead to disability.
- Salt deposits. This phenomenon accompanies the endocrine system diseases and diseases, which provoke a violation of metabolic processes.
All these pathologies are characterized by the presence of a crunch in the joints. If you notice other symptoms besides yourself, consult your doctor immediately.
See also: How to treat knee joint disease?
Methods of struggle
Of course, in the presence of one of the above pathologies, my advice will not help. It is necessary to find out why joints crunch in the whole body, and only then get rid of this trouble. In the formulation of the correct diagnosis, only an experienced specialist will help you. My recommendations for those who wish to reduce the physiological crunch. So, I advise you to follow such rules:
- To daily play sports. Moderately, without overloads. Swimming will be ideal.
To support the weight within norm.
- It is full to eat, not to use rigid diets. The food has to be healthy and various, vitamin-rich and trace substances.
- To wear orthopedic shoes.
- To alternate physical work and rest. To have a rest whenever possible in the fresh air.
- Not to allow developing of scoliosis. A healthy backbone – it is important for health of all organism.
So, we found out that in most cases the joint crunch should not scare you, because it is a natural process. If other symptoms (especially painful sensations) are added to it – it is necessary to seek medical help from a doctor.