The main causes of hunger after eating and how to deal with it
Hello, my dear readers! In my today’s article, we will try to understand this aspect of everyday human life, like feeling hungry after eating. The reasons for this feeling are mostly purely individual, but still try to find some patterns and try to find out whether it is possible to defeat this unpleasant sensation, which gives discomfort to a person in his daily life.
This situation, related to the feeling of hunger, is quite common in our life. For all its insignificance, this feeling makes you wonder – is everything okay in the body? And here it is important to understand the reason, and in the future to fight it.
The mechanism of occurrence
First try to understand what the process of digestion is. If you try to derive a certain algorithm, then we get the following:
- In the human blood there are a number of substances serving as certain indicators responsible for the quantitative filling of the body with nutrient compounds. If the amount of these trace elements is reduced to a certain level, the human brain receives a command to activate a kind of center responsible for the state of satiety of the human body.
- The brain sends the body a command about the lack of essential trace elements, which we perceive as a feeling of hunger.
- After we ate, the brain receives a response command about the replenishment of the body with trace elements and the feeling of hunger disappears.
If any of the listed points are violated, the pathology leading to the not passing feeling of hunger begins to develop in the human body.
No matter how banal this may sound, one of the main reasons is the progress of all mankind as a whole. If earlier, for a person to eat, he had to get himself food, then the current availability leads to the fact that often we start eating without any serious need.
Other reasons include:
- Decrease in glucose in the blood of a person, due to increased physical or psychological stress. It can also be one of the aspects that characterize the presence of diabetes in humans.
- A dramatic change in your nutritional diet. In this paragraph, it should be noted a different kind of diet or a change of residence, which led to a change in diet.
- Long stay on any diets. The body is in a constant state of stress and switches to a saving mode, which involves storing energy in reserve, further leading to the fact that when you return to normal diet, a person gaining weight.
- A variety of stressful situations arise in a person’s life.
- Gender features. Here the problem lies on the female shoulders: pregnancy, breast-feeding, premenstrual syndrome, menopause – all this can quite provoke this unpleasant state for a person.
- Problems with the organs of the gastrointestinal tract. As an example, you can cite a widespread gastritis. With gastritis, a feeling of hunger is born because of a violation of acidity in the human body.
Having determined for yourself the reason why you have a feeling of hunger, you can start to fight it. The only thing, try not to engage in self-medication, but contact a qualified medical specialist who will put you the right diagnosis and prescribe the necessary treatment that best suits your case.
There are a number of typical diagnostic methods for determining the cause of hunger. These include:
- Consultation with a gynecologist.
- Consultation with a psychologist, neurologist or psychiatrist. If you are constantly in a state of stress, you experience anxious feelings.
- Visit to a nutritionist. This doctor will help you choose the right diet, which does not harm the body.
- Diagnosis of the state of intestinal microflora. According to the results of this study, it is recommended to consult a gastroenterologist.
- Examination of the endocrine system of the body, to monitor the ongoing metabolic processes, to determine the level of sugar in the blood.
After you have determined the reason why you do not have a feeling of hunger after eating, you should adhere to a number of basic rules that will help you overcome this problem:
- Preventive treatment of helminthic invasions.
- Revise your daily diet, as far as possible, replacing sweet and flour products with fruits and vegetables.
- Create a personal diet for yourself, and stick to it as much as possible. In this case, the body will gradually get used to eating at a certain time and will not alarm you with a reminder of hunger.
- Try to normalize your psychological state, avoid stressful situations, treat more calmly to various kinds of small domestic problems.
In addition to the generally accepted recommendations, there are a number of folk remedies that help cope with bouts of hunger after a meal. Basically, they are aimed at reducing appetite. The most accessible are:
- Drinking enough water throughout the day.
- Tincture of mint and parsley (in the proportions of 1 teaspoon of dried mint and parsley for 250 ml of boiling water) has long been considered a wonderful folk remedy.
- One tablespoon of linseed oil, drunk before meals, perfectly suppresses this unpleasant feeling.
- A glass of water with honey.
And most importantly, try to inspire yourself that food should not take for you a leading place in the list of life priorities. Eat healthy food, lead an active lifestyle, less pay attention to conflict situations – and you will notice how this problem will go away from your life.
The feeling of hunger after eating, the reasons for the occurrence of which we disassembled in our article, is not an insurmountable problem. Have patience and character and the results will not slow down.
And I say goodbye to you on this! Subscribe to my blog updates, comment on articles, share information with your friends on social networks. All the best!