Hello, friends! In this article, we’ll talk about why a person needs folic acid, how much it needs for the body, who needs it most, and will understand what foods rich in folic acid are consumed by us for food.
It is necessary as air
Folic acid or vitamin B9 is indispensable for the formation and maintenance of the immune and nervous systems, promotes the production of leukocytes, participates in the proper development of the cardiovascular and endocrine systems. I can enumerate endlessly the positive effect of this organic compound on human life. Let’s start:
- treats anemia (better in total with ferriferous minerals, B6 and B12 vitamins);
- it is the prevention of “female” cancers: breast and ovarian cancer;
- positively affects nervous system (influences processes of excitement and braking);
- in general on female part: provides the correct metabolism in the woman’s organism;
- prolongs genital function, youth and appeal of the woman;
- influences growth of hair and condition of skin;
- lightens the mood, increases the level of “happiness hormone”;
- facilitates work of heart;
- exerts positive impact on digestion;
- promotes formation of cages of nervous system and brain of embryo;
- its additional reception is necessary during pregnancy for maintenance of health of the woman;
- helps the best digestion of some vitamins and minerals, for example, such as B1, B6, B12, iron, calcium and magnesium;
- restores forces and brings order to organism after the delivery;
I’m already tired, and still so much is not said …)) very much)
- increases local immunity (as prevention of cold, during disease and later, for the fastest restoration);
- improves ability of organism to remove “harmful” cholesterol;
- provides normal functioning of liver;
- participates in formation of blood cells;
- increases memory and attention.
And still there are a lot of positive moments for girls (during puberty harmonization of menstrual cycle that solves the problems connected with this process, such as – spots, grease hair, bad mood).
B9 vitamin is releaser in formation of DNA. That is all program of formation of the person put in our genes directly depends on this element. So that’s that! Its quantity is extreme a little.
I note that an overabundance of folic acid in the body is very rare, mainly due to abuse of drugs containing this organic compound. Its quantity in foods and, directly, in the body is so small that it is calculated in micrograms (μg). The microgram is 1: 1000000 grams.
If to take into account the fact that presence of this organic component is necessary, practically, for all bodies and systems, then there will always be site where it is not enough.
So, for maintenance of healthy balance in organism, it is important:
- to adults every day to use 200 – 400 mkg of folic acid;
- to children from the birth about one year — about 50 mkg;
- to children years up to 3 years are more senior it is necessary to receive about 100 mkg with food;
- to children up to 12 years – 150 mkg;
- young men and girls are later 12 years old – 200 mkg;
- to pregnant women – 800 mkg;
- to the feeding women – 500-600 mkg.
The most “hungry”
I have already mentioned the special participation of this element in the life and health of a woman. He performs a special function in the period when a woman is waiting for a child. After all, the neural tube (the precursor of the nervous system) of the embryo is formed already in the second week of pregnancy, the heart – on the third. And for the proper formation of these systems, a sufficient amount of folic acid is important. The lack of it leads to various pathologies of the development of the brain.
I would say: a pregnant woman should eat for two. And all the necessary vitamins should also be received in double size! Correctly? Hence, it is logical that pregnant women need twice as much as folic acid.
Together with the mother’s milk, the child receives all the useful substances. But this is so, if the nursing mother properly and fully nourishes, that is, with the food gets the optimal amount of vitamins and minerals.
Conclusion: women during pregnancy and lactation should receive a large amount of folic acid, and it will be more appropriate to take vitamin B9 in addition to tablets.
Who else needs this micronutrient? That’s right, people experiencing constant increased physical and mental stress. It is very important during sports, as it helps in the process of protein formation.
Where the treasure is hidden
Since folic acid in food does not happen much, consider foods rich in folic acid. It is contained in almost every product that we eat. The following table will show the “bare” figures of the vitamin B9 content in products:
Other fruits, berries, dairy products, turkey, eggs, beef, pork, lamb, fish contain less than 10 μg of folic acid.
Why do I call the numbers in the table “bare”?
Yes, because vitamin B9, like everyone else,
- remains in the crude products which have not undergone thermal treatment better;
- it is acquired together with other minerals.
Therefore for the best digestion of folic acid, it is desirable to consume crude products. Sunflower seeds, nuts, salad, cottage cheese, sheep cheese concern to them, for example. Content of this chemical element is much less in fruit and berries, but, but, it is possible to eat them much bigger quantity, than, for example, liver or peas.
But, undoubted record holders in this rating are sunflower seeds of sunflower and flax. Seeds of sunflower can be eaten even crude, and from seeds of flax the excellent oil having a number of irreplaceable useful properties is produced. Linseed oil does not suffer heating, fill with it salads, use in cosmetic procedures. But it is already separate article.
Do not forget about dairy products. Still, they are quite a frequent guest on our table. Sour-milk products contain a large number of useful lactic acid bacteria, which help the assimilation of vitamins and minerals from food.
Vitamins of group B (B1, B6, B9, B12), calcium, magnesium are contained in bread, cereals, greens, salad.
And the last. If you take folic acid in tablets, you need to remember that a large amount of vitamin B9 destroys vitamin B12.
On this, perhaps, I will finish. If you liked the article, subscribe to updates to my blog, leave your comments and share with friends on social networks.
Thank you for attention! I’m waiting for you, there will be something interesting and new!