The benefits of running. how does running affect the body?
THE EFFECT OF RUNNING ON THE BODY AS A WHOLE
Running is the simplest and most effective physical exercise, which allows you to use almost all parts of the ligamentous and muscular system. In addition, the joints of the human body also receive a payload while running. Running increases blood circulation, oxygenates all organs and tissues. It trains the vascular system and prevents many heart diseases.
Running run helps cleanse the body of harmful toxins and slags. During exercise, the blood begins to move through the vessels with high intensity. Through the walls of blood vessels in it comes a lot of waste substances that are discharged through sweat. With a slow long run, the body’s metabolic processes are normalized, and the cholesterol content in the blood decreases.
Running helps get rid of extra calories. No wonder running is one of the most effective ways to lose weight and is included in most programs to combat obesity.
According to scientific studies, running exercises contribute to the development of endorphins – hormones that cause a person to have a feeling of joy, happiness and optimism. In addition, running increases a person’s endurance, making him more workable.
Regular running training improves the recovery functions of the body. This effect will be especially useful for people who often work at night. As a result, a small jog is more effective to invigorate than relaxing relaxation and even sleep.
Studies have shown that almost 70% of men who began to regularly run, improved the activity of the reproductive system. In other words, running is also able to enhance male potency.
It has been established that jogging has a positive effect on the nervous system. The person whose running has become the daily norm, becomes less hot-tempered and more balanced, he controls his emotions more effectively and tolerates stressful situations more easily. Many people run jogging to help reduce depression or get rid of it completely.
It has been proven that jogging has a positive effect on a person’s mental abilities, as they increase concentration, self-control and brain activity. Running can provide invaluable assistance for various sleep disorders, because it has a calming effect on the emotional and psychological state of a person.
THE BENEFITS OF RUNNING FOR INDIVIDUAL ORGANS
Practically every person knows the benefits of running. Running is considered one of the most accessible and simple sports that have a positive impact on almost all human systems and organs:
- A heart. Running actively “drives” the blood through the vessels, strengthens them and helps to resist various cardiovascular diseases. From regular runs, the volume of heart chambers rises, making the heart stronger. In addition, running normalizes heart rate and helps fight tachycardia.
- Vessels. Regular runs lead to normal blood pressure and increase the tone of blood vessels. In the presence of increased pressure, running helps to reduce it, while under reduced pressure, to increase it.
- The immune system. Proved that running increases the body’s defenses, has a hardening effect and helps to resist most colds.
- Respiratory system. Running improves the condition of the lungs, makes them stronger and increases their volume.
- Digestive system. Digestive organs also begin to work better with regular jogging. This is achieved due to the fact that the human intestine during jogging undergoes a certain massage – its tone improves, due to which problems such as diarrhea or constipation disappear.
- Endocrine system. Since running helps to reduce fatty tissue, it can normalize hormones. At the same time, the condition of the glands improves, the skin becomes more elastic and taut.
We must not forget that running is a great tool for increasing physical strength and endurance. With the help of running, the muscles of the legs, press, arms, neck, buttocks are actively developed. A person becomes more agile and strong.
HOW TO MAKE RUNNING AS USEFUL AS POSSIBLE
To maximize the health benefits of running, you need to follow certain rules:
- Place and time to run. Best for training fit stadium or park. It is usually forbidden to walk dogs in such places, besides, cars do not drive there, therefore the air is kept fresh and clean, so that the use of running is maximum. If there are no parks or stadiums nearby, it is recommended to choose quiet streets or alleys where there is no heavy traffic. It is recommended to run in the mornings, before breakfast, or in the evenings – at this particular time the body is most prepared for physical exertion.
- Warm up Before you start jogging, be sure to warm up and stretch. Inclination and rotation of the body, squats, lunges will increase blood circulation in the muscles and help prevent sprains. In addition, during the warm-up process, articular grease is released, which protects the joints from damage.
- Technique running. The feet should be placed correctly to prevent excessive strain on the hip joint, knees and spine. When lowering the leg is better to put evenly on the entire foot. The body should be kept with a slight inclination forward, while swinging them while running is not recommended. It is recommended to avoid sharp jumps up and hard lowering to the surface. Arms should be bent in elbows, their movement is free, in time with steps. Some runners prefer not to move their hands at all – here you need to be guided by your own feelings and choose hand movements that seem most comfortable.
- Breath. While running, you need to breathe with your nose and mouth. If breathing gets off and most of the air has to be “swallowed” with the help of the mouth, then the load is too high and you need to slow down.
- Pulse. It is equally important to control the heart rate. It is recommended to acquire a simple heart rate monitor and make sure that the pulse while running does not exceed 100-100 beats per minute. If its frequency has increased, it is necessary to lower it until the pulse stabilizes.
- Duration and frequency of training. Do not immediately expose yourself to exhausting loads. An unprepared person should start from 10-15 minutes a day and gradually increase the intensity and duration of training. Beginning runners recommended interval running technique, in which a few minutes of running alternate with a few minutes of walking. If you have any unpleasant or painful sensations, you need to slow down or stop completely.
- Shoes and clothes. To maximize the benefits of running, you need to take care of the right clothes and shoes. They should be comfortable, never squeeze the body. The best running shoes are sports sneakers with special shock-absorbing pads.
- Nutrition. An hour before running training is not desirable to eat. In extreme cases, you can eat a banana, apple or other fruit. After the end of classes you need to wait at least an hour before leaning on the food. Before jogging you should not drink liquid, and immediately after workouts, it is advisable to drink a glass of pure water. This will allow the body’s water balance to return to normal.
Before you start jogging, you need to consult a doctor. This is especially important for people suffering from any chronic diseases. In some diseases, running is contraindicated. These include: an acute form of infectious diseases, diseases or injuries of the musculoskeletal system, severe damage to the blood vessels and the heart.